Saturday 12 March 2016

How are your descendants going to know who is in that photograph, where and when it was taken?



Do you have a pile of photographs that someone gave you that you just wish you knew more about?
Maybe you don't even know to which branch of the family they belong.

I have been trying out a relatively new introduction to the Flip-Pal scanner toolbox which I believe can help us to share more about each of those precious photographs that we have in our collection or that others in the family may have and have allowed you to scan.

This new option is called StoryScans and you can learn more about it here

I have uploaded my first 2 attempts as examples and they can be seen below.




This is a nice addition to the toolbox for the Fip-Pal and I am looking forward to being able to use it with my android phone. I hope to capture more from others in the family about the people and places in the photographs.

The addition of metadata to our photographs is another way that we can ensure we add the information that is needed to identify the who, what, when and where.

I am not going to try to explain how to do this as there are many places on the internet that will do a better job than I can. I found this post on The Family Curator blog which I would recommend.

4 comments:

  1. This is a great demonstration Hilary. I like it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's handy to know! Thanks, Hilary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilary,

    I want to let you know that your blog post is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2016/03/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-march-18.html

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilary I just got a nice package from my Mom with loads of pictures and names on the back. In Grandma Lillian's signature and handwriting. I'm soaking it all in. Plus there will be FAN work to do. Plus a reconizable Surname of Cassel. I'm so excited. This Post came just in time.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for leaving a comment on the World Wide Genealogy Blog. All comments are moderated because of pesky spammers!

Best wishes
World Wide Genealogy Team